The Society of Africanist Archaeologists is an organization of archaeologists, researchers from associated disciplines and others who share an interest in African archaeology and African societies. Our membership is international, with participation from Africa, the Americas, Europe and Asia, and is actively involved in research in many African countries. Our website includes an area for "digital subscribers" to our bulletin, Nyame Akuma, a link to back issues of the bulletin, and quicklinks to journal webpages and other websites of interest. We welcome your feedback.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CURRENT SAFA MEMBERS:
This webpage was migrated to a new platform on January 11, 2019.
YOU MUST ESTABLISH A NEW ACCOUNT (userid and password) ON THIS WEBPAGE in order to access your membership information and the most recent issues of Nyame Akuma.
As a current member, your userid consists of the first part of your email address, before the @.
- and then click SAfA member login.
Enter your userid for this site – i.e., the first part of your email address before @.
The system will only recognize the email address that you previously provided to SAfA.
- If you are now using a different email address, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new address and we will change your userid and notify you when it is active. This may take from 1-3 days, depending on the amount of incoming email traffic.
If your membership has expired, you will not be able to log in.
- Use new member instructions to reactivate.
- The system will only recognize the email address that you previously provided to SAfA.
- To establish a password, click on "I forgot my password" and a new password reset link will be emailed to you.
- Create a password, save and complete the login. Your membership information, including expiration date, will appear.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT NEW MEMBERSHIPS
To become a member, click on the Membership link and fill out the online form OR print the membership form from the link at the bottom of the page and send or email it. You will receive a confirmation when your membership has been processed. Please allow several days for this. Once your membership is active, follow the bulleted directions above to create your online account.